By Ben Miller
Spring is a season of rebirth—and perhaps the best time to renew and refresh your work environment. Don’t let a tired, stale workspace detract from the sun shining, the birds chirping, and the flowers blooming. Take a look around your office and consider some ways to add new life to your routine.
A FluidStance deck is a great rejuvenation tool that brings movement to your workday. For those looking to take office zen to the next level, we chose a few products and accessories to enhance the standing desk experience:
1. Hoshinchu Air Bonsai: Nothing promotes zen like a floating bonsai tree. Let this cool desk accessory inspire you to stay light on your feet from 9 to 5. It’s also a novel conversation starter—always a plus.
2. Lumo Lift: Poor posture can be the root of musculoskeletal aches and pains. Whenever your shoulders start to slump, this wearable little gadget alerts you with a soft vibration. Good posture is a sign of confidence: a valuable asset in any profession.
3. Swinging Sticks Kinetic Energy Sculpture: Allow the perpetual rhythm of this momentum-powered sculpture to act as a constant reminder to stay moving. We think this serves as the perfect gadget for a credenza or a bookshelf.
4. Baoding Balls: Dating back to an ancient Chinese tradition, the rotation of these hand-held orbs is thought to improve brain function while reducing stress. The dulcet chimes within each ball provide a meditative soundtrack to counteract the cacophony of your office.
5. Focal Mogo Seat: Standing at work is great (and a FluidStance deck makes it even better), but everyone needs to take a seat now and then. There’s no need for a bulky office chair when you’ve got this handy portable seating device.
6. Mr. N Light by Koncept: Burning the midnight oil? Power down those office fluorescents and create a soothing vibe with this artistic and environmentally friendly LED light. Useful and stylish, it can pass as a desk sculpture when not in use.
7. Gaiam Aromatherapy Diffuser: In the interest of appealing to all the senses, we include this nifty USB-powered aromatherapy diffuser. Choose your favorite essential oil, add a few drops, plug it into your laptop, and follow your nose to your happy place.
Did we miss a standing desk accessory that you swear by? Leave us a comment below!